Taichung Gancheng Bus Station ⇔ Taichung Railway Station ⇔ Daqing Railway Station ⇔ THSR Tiachung Station ⇔ Newera Art Resort & Spa (Ailan Bridge) ⇔ National Chi Nan University ⇔ Taomikeng (Paper Dome) ⇔ Dayan (Seshui Community) ⇔ Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village 【Weekend & Holiday】⇔ Yuchi ⇔ Antique Assam Tea Farm ⇔ Sun Moon Lake
Departs daily at 3:20pm at Taichung Airport. It also departs at Sun Moon Lake at 12:40pm and arrives at Taichung Airport at 2:30pm (not stopping by TRA Taichung Station and Gancheng Station). We welcome you to ride on these buses.
Tickets and Transport Information
NT$ 190 / one way ，NT$ 340 / Round Trip
(Please purchase the return tickets at Taichung Gancheng Station and Nantou Bus counter at THSR Station)
1. Ticket counter
Nantou Bus ticket counter at Taichung Gancheng Station：04-2225-6418
Nantou Bus ticket counter at THSR station：04-3601-8665
2.Ticket on Bus
We accept: cash、 easy card, ipass、Taiwan smart card、ETC
NANTOU BUS TRANSPORTATION CO.,LTD. (Sun moon lake) Tel:886-49-298-4031
Service Hour: 09:00~17:00
【Fixed-line guidance notes】 Taichung Railway Station - Exit from the rear door,cross Jianguo Rd, turn left and go straight about 100M
Taiwan Shuttle bus Service Information：
Weekday(To)(Taichung Gancheng Bus Station)07：50~19：50
Weekday(Back)(Sun Moon Lake)07：25~19：25
Weekend & Holiday(To)(Taichung Gancheng Bus Station)07：50~19：50
Weekend & Holiday(Back)(Sun Moon Lake)07：25~19：25
Taiwan Tourist Shuttle buses with disabled access operate every Saturday and Sunday. An elevator is equipped on this bus. License number 762-FT. With limited seats only, please book in advance 049-2984031 ext. 18. It runs at the following times:
Guidelines for carrying folding bikes on the bus:
1. Carrying folding bikes on the bus is allowed.
2. Please observe the following rules when carrying folding bikes:
(1) You should put the folding bike in a bike bag.
(2)Put it in the luggage compartment for free.
(3)When putting your folding bike on a seat, you need to pay half fare for it.
Concession tickets guidelines:
1. There are full tickets and half tickets. All day return tickets are offered at discount prices already. Apologize for no further discount.
2. Half tickets are available to:
(1) Senior citizens at the age of 65 or above, with ROC ID cards or Senior Citizen Cards
(2) Holders of Disabled Cards. Must ride with a guardian or a partner.
(3) Children below 12 years old at height of 115cm and below 145cm can purchase half tickets with valid IDs.
Children at the height of 115cm or below or children below 6 years old but at the height above 115cm are allowed to ride on the buses free with valid IDs. They are allowed to occupy seats. But they must be accompanied by adults with valid tickets. Each adults with valid ticket are allowed to take two children that are eligible to ride on the buses free. All children exceeding the requirements must purchase half tickets.
Guidelines for carrying pets on the bus:
1. You need to pay half fare for each pet carried on the bus. But they should not take any seat.
2. Passengers refusing to cooperate with the staffs’ advice, in case of the following, may be refused to ride on the bus. The unused tickets can be refunded in full:
(1) Suffering from serious diseases.
(2) Not carried in cages, baskets, or nets.
(3) Unclean or prone to damage other people and things.
(4) Harmful to public hygiene and other passengers; aggressive and dangerous animals.
(5) Not suitable to be carried on buses.
You can store your luggage at Shuishe Visitor Information Center (address: 163, Zhongshan Road, Yuci Township, Nantou County). Deposit time: 9:00am – 4:30pm. Or store it at the free lockers at the first floor of visitor information centers.
Buses with disabled access on Sun Moon Lake Route operate during the holidays only (Only one seat is available. Please book in advance: 04-9298-4031). Operation hours: Departs from Taichung Gancheng Station: 9:10am and 2:30pm. Departs from Sun Moon Lake: 11:40am and 4:40pm.
There is no ticket counter around TRA Taichung Station. You are suggested to buy the tickets at Nantou Bus Station at Gancheng, Taichung 04-2225-6418 (35-8, Section 1, Shuangshi Road, Taichung City). It is just about 10-15 minutes’ walk from Taichung Rail Station. You can also buy the tickets on the bus in cash or with e-cards.
The regulations of carrying luggage on Sun Moon Lake Route buses are as follow:
1. Visitors can put their luggage under their seats or in the overhead luggage compartments without affecting other visitors. They should take care of their own belongings. The bus company will not take any responsibility.
2. All the luggage should not exceed 30kg in weight and 150cm3 in volume at the length that fits in the luggage compartment.
3. No fees will be charged for putting any luggage in the compartments. But the bus company will not take any responsibility either. Please pack your luggage well to avoid any damage.
中華民國交通部觀光局 版權所有Copyright c 2013 Tourism Bureau, Rep. of China(Taiwan). All Rights Reserved..
Address: 9F.,No.290, Sec. 4, Jhongsiao E. Rd., Da-an District, Taipei City 106, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Tel: 886-2-2349-1500
24-Hour Toll-Free Travel Information Hotline:0800-011765
Recommended browser: IE8.0 or above, Flash 6.0 above, 1024 x 768 resolution